The Morton Family Blog

Thanks for taking time and stopping by and reading our family blog. As a family of 6 we are busy and hope to encourge everyone to understand that everyone is different in his or her own way and that people shouldn't be looked at for their size but for their selves. Our youngest daughter Jalinn was born with dwarfism and we hope to raise awareness for the Little People community.







Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Big Birthday Bash June 2010

With 3 of my kiddo's birthday in May, June and July we decided to have all of there birthday's at one time to make it easier on us and our family. We I told the girls that we were having the party at our house and they could invite their friends, Taylor had a list of 25 friends yes 25...my thought was what was she thinking. I finally got her to narrow it down to 10. With all the invites sent out the planning started. We decidee to have a BBQ and instead of cake we did ice cream sundaes. We also had a bouncy house (thanks to Kaylie's friends for letting us borrow it), jump ropes, hula hoops and the sprinkler.

The day of the party we got all set up and we were told by the news that there was chance of rain but who believes the news...well we should have. The party was to start at 1pm and at noon it started to rain. I don't mean a nice rain shower it was a down pour. The wind was horrible and it was raining so hard that we couldn't see the house across the street. But kids were still being dropped off. Thanks to all the parents that braved the weather. So with the rain we could have the party outside. I had 25 kids in my house and my house is not set up to have 25 kids plus my whole family. It was packed. Once the rain let up about an hour later the kids all went out side and played and had a blast. The party was a success and no one got hurt.

Thanks to everyone that came!!!

Pictures are on facebook...hope you can take a look at them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristie! We are friends on FB and I just realized you had a blog. Just wanted to let you know that I have one too.
    http:nathanedwardwolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete