The Morton Family Blog

Thanks for taking time and stopping by and reading our family blog. As a family of 6 we are busy and hope to encourge everyone to understand that everyone is different in his or her own way and that people shouldn't be looked at for their size but for their selves. Our youngest daughter Jalinn was born with dwarfism and we hope to raise awareness for the Little People community.







Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Fun

On the Saturday before we went up to my sister's house to spend the day with her and Brycen.  We went and seen the Easter Bunny and colored eggs.  I was a little shocked the Jalinn didn't freak out about the huge bunny.  She did great.  We had a great time as always hanging out with my sister.  She is my best friend!!!  Love ya sis!!!

On Easter morning Kaylie thought that being up at 6:45am was awesome to go through her Easter basket.  She was the only one awake.  So we let her go through it and I went back to bed after that.  Around 7:30am everyone else started to wake up.  Of course the kids all had candy for breakfast and Jalinn loved the Peeps.  She was crawling after everyones and taking them from each of their baskets. 

This year for Easter was our first time at our new church for Easter and I loved it.  Everyone their makes you feel so welcome.  It was a great service!! After church we left to head over to Grandma Rough's house.  We are so lucky that she is still with us and my kids get to spend time and have memories with their Great Grandma Rough.  They love going over there.  Each year after lunch my cousin Bill and Joe hide the eggs for the kids to find.  They have so much fun finding the eggs.  Also each year since we were little my grandparents would hide a silver egg and there would be money in it.  You never knew how much it just came down to how much money Grandpa had at the time.  When Grandpa passed away in 2006, we always make sure Grandma still hides the egg.  It is our way of knowing that Grandpa is still with us.  My girls have really got into looking for the egg but it seems that every year I find the egg and this year was so different.  I found the egg!!!  I believe it is Grandpa's way of saying "love you bunches".  I miss that man so much!!!  He was a wonderful Grandpa...I only wish he could have meet Hunter, Brycen and Jalinn.  He would be so proud of them.  But I know he is watching over us.  Love you Bunches Grandpa!!! 

Here are a some pictures from Easter.  Hope you enjoy!!


Brycen....the cutest nephew EVER!!



She does love the Peeps!!!




Me and the Silver Egg


My wonderful family!!!

Dad, Me, Monica and Mom...love you all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sisters are the best! I have a sister and it is the greatest friendship in the world! So nice your grandmother still hides that silver egg and how funny that u find it! Your family is beautiful. I love the group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and beautiful family picture! Yay for Jalinn liking the huge bunny, and she's so cute in the picture with her peeps! It sounds like everyone had a lot of fun, and how great that your grandmother still hides the silver egg and that you always find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the tradition of the silver egg. My grandmother every Palm Sunday used to hide eggs for us. IT was a great tradition and I miss her so much. Jalinn looks so happy with her peeps. What a cutie. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete