The Morton Family Blog

Thanks for taking time and stopping by and reading our family blog. As a family of 6 we are busy and hope to encourge everyone to understand that everyone is different in his or her own way and that people shouldn't be looked at for their size but for their selves. Our youngest daughter Jalinn was born with dwarfism and we hope to raise awareness for the Little People community.







Thursday, June 16, 2011

Adenoids Part 2

Surgery was finally around 3:30pm. Even though it only took about 30 minutes it still feels forever. I don't think I will ever get used to that feeling of her being away from us. Once the surgery was over her doctors both said that everything went great and she was doing good. In the recovery room once she started to wake up she freaked out and they could not get her calmed down so they came and got me and I got to hold her. She calmed down right when I got my hands on her and so did I. It makes me cry when I see her in pain and that goes for all my kids. As a mom you don't want to see that. We finally got up to our room and she was doing much better. She ate 2 things of pudding and a cup of applesauce and a little later she had a grilled cheese and fries. She was one hungry girl. She did great all night long so we were able to leave the next morning.

My sleepin baby

Eating breakfast in the morning

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristie! Looks like everything went well from the pics! How is Jalinn doing now? How are her eyes! Lyla's eyes used to tear all the time but they haven't in a few months now. She is definitely going to need tubes this summer. She still has fluid in both ears for a few months now. How bad were her eyes tearing? Maybe I should get Lyla's eyes checked out? One more question....When did Jalinn sit up on her own? Lyla will be 9 months on the 21st. Not even close to sitting up. Email me and let me know if you can. Thx Granshaw5@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trooper little Jalinn is! I love the breakfast picture!

    ReplyDelete